Established as a 'watering hole' for British
Fact file: -
- the club has a parkland style 9 hole golf course, a mature treeline, small ponds and water bodies, enough to test anyone's' game.
- this golf circuit is considered to be the oldest in Asia and the third oldest in the world!
- the club offers grass court tennis, swimming pool, billiards and of course, a bar.
- Since its inception, the club has been the venue for horse races. The Governors Cup, is the major trophy which is awarded every year. The races are scheduled during the fourth week of February.
- The ponies for the races belong to the Mising people, an indigenous plains tribe of Assam. So in a way, the club acts like a intermediary, in helping the indigenous Mising people to showcase their riding skills and also in upkeep of their ponies.
- They are all 'bare-back' riders!